Physical Therapy Services
When You Need to Get Back on Track
As all athletes know, sometimes the body can run into problems, either serious or just ongoing and nagging. Our Physical Therapy Services are state-of-the-art and tailored to your specific recovery needs.
- Cupping Therapy
- Cupping therapy is one of the oldest and most effective method of releasing the toxins from body tissue. It is a practice in which the therapist puts special cups on the skin to create suction. This causes the tissue beneath the cup to be drawn up and swell causing increase in blood flow to affected area. Enhanced blood flow under the cups draws impurities and toxins away from the nearby tissues and organs towards the surface for elimination.
- Dry Needling
- Follows a western medicine anatomical approach of sticking needles into muscles that appear knotted up in order to relax the muscle as well as the nerves in the area. It is called “Dry” needling because no actual medicine is being injected into the body, just the needle.
- Interferential Current transmits electrical impulses in minute quantities through your skin. Underlying tissue and nerves are stimulated which begins healing properties. These impulses are not painful. It can be best described as a minor prickle on the skin. Frequencies produced by IFC have been proven to stimulate endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers. This can help to create a self-healing process without the need for more medications. This form of therapy is also extremely useful in reducing pain, inflammation, curing edema, and spasms.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator units work by delivering small electrical impulses through electrodes that have adhesive pads to attach them to a person’s skin. These electrical impulses flood the nervous system, reducing its ability to transmit pain signals to the spinal cord and brain. The same electrical impulses also stimulate the body to produce natural pain relievers called endorphins.
- Kinesiotaping is putting therapeutic strips of tape strategically on the body to help enhance body awareness, alter pain sensations to the brain, and decompress skin in order to help an individual move in a maximal manner while exercising, practicing a sport, or in competition. K-taping can also be used to help reduce swelling around a joint after an injury or surgery.
- Is a handheld therapy gun that percussions on muscles to help message an area in a vigorous manner. This can help with those recovering from an intense exercise session, help relax muscles, and reduce pain over the area it is being applied.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization//Scraping
- Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization. This is when the therapist uses a special tool designed for specific muscle regions to scrape over those muscles to help them relax, work out muscle soreness, or lengthen the muscle. This can be used in a manner that is gentle over the muscle or in a more vigorous manner for stubborn tissue.
- Movement Assessment
- ACL Injury Prevention
- Blood Flow Restriction
- Concussion Management
- DIMAGGIO Low Back Program
- Pain Treatment
- Vertigo, Vestibular & Balance
- Aquatics (Nashville Only)
Ready to Let Us Help You Reach Your Goals?
Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a professional athlete, our unique approach to physical performance will get you there … and beyond.